Header

To enter our monthly Jewelry Design Challenges Click here! To see the current calendar of events for SRAJD Click here!

To join our Facebook Discussion Group Click here! Check out our current SRAJD Gift Guide

Friday, December 19, 2014

WINTER DECEMBER Style December Week 3 SRAJD Jewelry Challenge

To read more about our challenges and/or to get in on the action, click here.
 

Please enter your challenge designs by clicking here.

Want to join in the fun? Join the SRAJD organization by clicking here. A great group of jewelry artists helping one another.

Click on any photo to see a larger image.

Our themes for December were chosen by the SRAJD members. This week’s challenge theme is “Winter/December”.

Neva Murtha of Spiral River Designs
I think this might be my one Christmas coloured and therefore December or winter offering. I created it with 6mm faceted green ruby in zoisite with 4mm faceted black tourmaline rondelles and little red garnet rondelles, finished with a golf filled extender chain and lobster claw clasp. It looks a bit like Christmas candy to me. 


Sherri Jones of SenoJ Designs
Introducing "Snowflake" designed with different shapes of Swarovski Crystals.
I enjoyed making the layered look, and adding a brooch on the side. Enjoy!


Sherri Jones of SenoJ Designs
Let's talk about a challenge for a beginner beader such as myself. Well here she is Introducing "Blush." The color combination goes well with the Winter season. Another step outside my comfort zone. But she turned out beautiful and I'm BLUSHing! Enjoy! 


Carol (Britt) Clay of Wires N Pliers
Doug Fir in Snow. Graduated creamy white Swarovski Element Pearls have been laced with brown seeds beads that are reminiscent tree branches laden in freshly fallen snow. These earrings are wrapped in sterling silver and have been wired to latching handmade sterling silver ear wires. 


Mary Rembach of Omi Silver
December makes me think cranberries, holly and everything red.
These garnets are faceted 6mm rounds that I combined with Swarovski crystal 4mm round pearls and Bali sterling silver and round sterling silver spacers. I made 2 to 1 connectors using sterling silver wire in a simple design and used delicate sterling silver rolo chain to tie it all together. I also placed cranberry glass leaves randomly in the necklace and finished it with a pearl, silver and cranberry red leaf charm dangling from the clasp - not shown here. 


Tammy Adams of Paisley Lizard
These whimsical winter earrings have hand-sculpted polymer clay penguin chicks (made by JettaBugJewelry) and rustic snowball beads (made by me). Penguins always make me think of winter, even though they're around all year. 


Tammy Adams of Paisley Lizard
I made the rustic wintergreen snowflake focals for these earrings using polymer clay, inks, and paints. They're paired with glass beads in coordinating minty green. 


Jo Pound of Jewelry by Jolane
The earrings are representative of snowflakes.


Laura Harrison Bosch of Multibeadia Designs
At first I was going to make a charm bracelet with lots of bright drippy baubles but went with a more winter look. I bought one strand of the quartz drops in Tucson this Feb knowing I'd use them eventually! The drops have a knapped finish contrasting with the clear quartz like ice & snow. I just loved the red with them & added the green crystals as a contrast & my little nod to the season.


Linda Tenney of Heart of One Creations
For this icy creation, I was inspired by photos of icicle-covered evergreen branches with red berries. I kept the color palette icy cold with pewter leaves and just dots of warm red glass berries. 


December’s themes (as chosen by the SRAJD members):
Dec 2: Botanical
Dec 9: Whimsical
Dec 16: Winter/December themes
Dec 23: Bubbles
Dec 30: Beach

To read more about our challenges and/or to get in on the action, click here.

Please enter your challenge designs by clicking here.

And/or read the original blog post about the challenges here.




1 comment:

Tammy Adams said...

The SRAJD members really know how to deck the halls in style. Another wonderful collection of inspired designs.