Header

To enter our monthly Jewelry Design Challenges Click here! To see the current calendar of events for SRAJD Click here!

To join our Facebook Discussion Group Click here! Check out our current SRAJD Gift Guide

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mondrian July Week 2 Iconic Painters Theme SRAJD Jewelry Challenge

To read more about our challenges and/or to get in on the action, click here.

Our theme for July is “Iconic Painters” and the entries for this week’s design challenge were inspired by the theme of “Piet Mondrian”.


Sharon Peterson of Teal Eve's
'Sacramento from the Air' comes from a series of mind's eye images following several trips to Northern California. This bracelet is woven on a loom using 11/0 delica beads and KO thread. It is secured with gold-plated brass magnetic clasps.


Tammy Adams of Paisley Lizard
I used Czech glass beads and black artistic wire to capture the essence of Mondrian's iconic primary colors geometric grid paintings in this modern abstract necklace. 


Cheryl KauhaaPo of Jungle Beads
I enjoyed choosing the 5 colors for this challenge! I started off with a totally different color scheme and decided I needed the pop of the yellow accent! I added some glitz to liven it up! Sterling silver findings.


Jo Pound of Jewelry by Jolane
I made an embroidered bead bracelet on a metal frame using seed beads. I drew out lines in shapes found in his art, and I then filled them in with red, blues, white and yellow. 


Kim Forrer of Kim Forrer Designs
I used acrylic paints on copper to create this necklace trying to capture the geometric designs of Mondrian. 


Linda Baldwin of Fired n Wired Jewelry
Geometric modern design in mixed metal clays in copper bronze and steel. This piece listed in my FirednWired Etsy shop. 


Marcia Tobolsky of Design Images
I have a nice carve jade and I decide to made something different with the stones and beads all cluster style with the earring to match my design.


Marcia Tobolsky of Design Images
I decided today do this necklace inspired on 'Piet Mondrian" style, using erring settings, yellow jades donuts, and mother pearl beads with little painting that I glued over the erring setting...


Check the previous blog posts to see all the weekly challenge designs to date. And keep an eye out for the upcoming ch
allenges.

July’s themes and deadlines: Iconic Painters
July 7th Pablo Picasso
July 14th Piet Mondrian
July 21st Leonid Afremov
July 28th Henri Rousseau

August’s themes and deadlines: Concepts
August 4th Kintsugi
August 11th Recycling
August 18th Opposites
August 25th Communication

Click here to see our blog post with visual inspiration for the June and July weekly challenges.

Please enter your challenge designs by clicking here.

And/or read the original blog post about the challenges here.







1 comment:

Laura Bosch said...

Again another week of beauties!